Sunday 12 February 2012

Mr Linky problems

I know some people are having problems adding their entry to Mr Linky this week and I apologise for the delay in acknowledging your messages, but I am having mega computer problems myself and even the simplest post or comment is taking an hour or so.............that's why I've not been able to get to visit any of you so far I'm afraid.

I have been in contact with Mr Linky and there does not seem to be any obvious problem and both the Linky's I have active on other challenges are working fine, it just seems to be here at Allsorts where there is a problem. This is what Mr Linky suggests for those people having trouble linking:

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with the widget! but I hope we can figure out what's going on. I'm not aware of any trouble with the system itself. 

there are two other possibilities that I can think of. one is that the visitor has entered their site url and the widget server is having trouble connecting to that site to retrieve the list of pictures. the second possibility is the picture itself, whether it comes from their site or is uploaded from their computer, that the server might not have been able to understand its format or something like that. 

unfortunately we would need for someone to report which option they had chosen for choosing their picture, the site option or the upload option, and which picture they had selected or uploaded. if you have that information from any of your visitors, I'd love to pursue this further and try to get to the bottom of it.

Best regards,
Mister Linky

I always find the guys at Mr Linky really helpful, so would urge those of you experiencing the problem to drop them a mail. Here is their main addy: http://www2.blenza.com/linkies/ and if you select support and file a ticker ensuring you give them Allsorts link I am sure they will do what they can to help.


2 comments:

Mandy said...

Brenda sorry to hear you are having computer problems hun, fingers crossed I have just fixed mine! If you haven't already tried "Microsofts Mr Fix It" give that a try, I've always found it to be good :)
hugs Mandy xx

Chris said...

Hi Brenda, love the title of your blog. I just took Licorice Allsorts into the Library from whence I retired recently, yummy. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/